Become a Local Expert! – Our picks for the Top 10 Philadelphia Websites & Blogs
Become a Philly Expert! – Our picks for the Top 10 Philadelphia Websites & Blogs
From its renowned dining scene to its ever changing city skyline, Philadelphia is constantly evolving. Look away for even a moment, and you’re bound to miss something. So, what to do if you want to stay up-to-the-minute in a city as cosmopolitan as ours?
Whether you’re moving to Philadelphia in a few weeks or you’re a Philly local with generations of family history in the area, here are the 10 best blogs to follow for all things Philly. We promise these Philly bloggers will keep you in the know and on-the-go!
- PhillyFunGuide – Easily navigated through their “Today,” “Tomorrow,” or “This Weekend” event menu options, PhillyFunGuide showcases the best events and activities for people of all ages! Sign up for their Funsaver email list for 50% off tickets delivered straight to your inbox; plus, once you start accumulating savings through your Funsaver purchases, you’ll also be eligible for some awesome freebies through their Funperks loyalty program. Think backstage passes, tickets to special events, and VIP experiences at area museums!
- Uwishunu.com – With multiple blog posts and exciting updates each week, there isn’t much that Uwishunu doesn’t cover. The event-centric blog will keep you abreast of don’t-wanna-miss meetups, new restaurant openings, outdoor movie screenings, concerts, free admission tips and tricks, and so much more!
- Philadelphia Business Journal – Their popular 40 under 40 series showcases young up-and-comers in all areas of Philadelphia business and industry while their widely respected Book of Lists not only ranks more than 1,000 local companies but also provides you with complete contact information for their key decision makers! For the latest info regarding local business news, become a subscriber to the Philadelphia Business Journal.
- PhillyTonight.com – Showcasing specific drinks and dishes across the city, PhillyTonight will help you make the most of your off-the-clock hours. From the best happy hour specials in every neighborhood to their awesome event photo galleries showcasing you and your friends out on the town, PhillyTonight has the nightlife and restaurant scene on lockdown.
- PhillyChitChat: HughE Dillon started this photography and news blog to cover Philadelphia’s social, political, and lifestyle scene. With his on-the-scene updates on social media, you might consider joining his 20,000-strong Instagram community.
- VisitPhilly.com – While VisitPhilly was created to provide insider advice to the Philly-bound traveler, this tourism blog might just help you to see your own city in a new light. Step back and appreciate the history and culture all around with a look at their highly detailed, info-rich blog. Plus, if you want to experience Philly like a tourist for the day, don’t miss their 1/2 price ticket deals to area museums, local theaters, shows, exhibits, and more!
- Philly.com – Self-touted as “fiercely independent,” Philly.com is part of the Philadelphia Media Network along with the Philadelphia Inquirer and the Philadelphia Daily News. From sports to entertainment, local news, food, health, education, and business, Philly.com brings you today’s top stories.
- CurbedPhilly.com– When it comes to highlighting historical Philadelphia architecture, new construction development projects, and the hottest Philly listings, CurbedPhilly has the scoop on all things real estate. Even if you’re not in the market to purchase a home just yet, it’s always fun to dream!
- The Philly Apartment Company – And, if you’re looking for a less permanent housing solution, our blog, dare I say, features the best apartments in all of Philadelphia! (But, enough about us….)
- PhillyPhoodie– If dive bars and cheap eats are your thing, don’t miss the PhillyPhoodie blog….but even if they’re not, don’t let their focus on blue-collar eateries and bars scare you away! Any foodie can appreciate this blog’s ability to capture the local flavors in a straightforward yet relaxed, conversational tone.